Thank you for visiting our website and for your interest in our company, products and services. The protection of your personal data during the collection, processing and use on the occasion of your visit to our website is an important concern for us. In the following, we explain what information we collect during your visit to our website and how it is used:
§1 Information about the collection of personal data
(1) In the following, we provide information about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses.
(2) The responsible party pursuant to Art. 4 (7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
Jan Kurtz GmbH
Data Protection Officer:
You can reach our data protection officer at the above-mentioned postal address
with the addition -Data Protection Officer - or at the e-mail address email@example.com.
(3) Whenever you contact us (e.g. by e-mail, via an electronic contact form or other communication channels), the data you provide (e-mail address, name, address, telephone number) will be stored by us in order to answer your enquiries. We delete the data accruing in this context after the storage is no longer necessary or restrict the processing by blocking it if there are legal obligations to retain data.
(4) We do not use the data for any other purpose or pass it on to third parties for advertising purposes.
§ 2 Storage period
§ 3 Revocation of your consent to data processing
Many data processing operations are only possible with your express consent. You can revoke consent you have already given at any time. The legality of the data processing carried out until the revocation remains unaffected by the revocation.
Right to object to the collection of data in specific cases and to direct marketing (Art. 21 GDPR)
IF THE DATA PROCESSING IS BASED ON ART. 6 ABS. 1 LIT. E OR F DSGVO, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA AT ANY TIME FOR REASONS ARISING FROM YOUR PARTICULAR SITUATION; THIS ALSO APPLIES TO PROFILING BASED ON THESE PROVISIONS. THE RESPECTIVE LEGAL BASIS ON WHICH PROCESSING IS BASED CAN BE FOUND IN THIS DATA PROTECTION DECLARATION. IF YOU OBJECT, WE WILL NO LONGER PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA UNLESS WE CAN DEMONSTRATE COMPELLING LEGITIMATE GROUNDS FOR THE PROCESSING WHICH OVERRIDE YOUR INTERESTS, RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS, OR THE PROCESSING SERVES THE PURPOSE OF ASSERTING, EXERCISING OR DEFENDING LEGAL CLAIMS (OBJECTION UNDER ARTICLE 21(1) OF THE DATA PROTECTION ACT).
IF YOUR PERSONAL DATA ARE PROCESSED FOR THE PURPOSE OF DIRECT MARKETING, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT AT ANY TIME TO THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA CONCERNING YOU FOR THE PURPOSE OF SUCH MARKETING; THIS ALSO APPLIES TO PROFILING INSOFAR AS IT IS CONNECTED WITH SUCH DIRECT MARKETING. IF YOU OBJECT, YOUR PERSONAL DATA WILL SUBSEQUENTLY NO LONGER BE USED FOR THE PURPOSE OF DIRECT MARKETING (OBJECTION PURSUANT TO ART. 21 PARA. 2 DSGVO).
§ 4 Right to complain to the competent supervisory authority
In the event of breaches of the GDPR, data subjects shall have a right of appeal to a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of their habitual residence, their place of work or the place of the alleged breach. The right of appeal is without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy.
§ 5 Right to data portability
You have the right to have data that we process automatically on the basis of your consent or in fulfilment of a contract handed over to you or to a third party in a common, machine-readable format. If you request the direct transfer of the data to another controller, this will only be done insofar as it is technically feasible.
§ 6 SSL or TLS encryption
For security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content, such as orders or enquiries that you send to us as the site operator, this site uses SSL or TLS encryption. You can recognise an encrypted connection by the fact that the address line of the browser changes from "http://" to "https://" and by the lock symbol in your browser line.
If SSL or TLS encryption is activated, the data you transmit to us cannot be read by third parties.
§ 7 Information, deletion and correction
Within the framework of the applicable legal provisions, you have the right at any time to free information about your stored personal data, its origin and recipient and the purpose of the data processing and, if applicable, a right to correction or deletion of this data. You can contact us at any time for this purpose and for further questions on the subject of personal data.
§ 8 Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data. To do this, you can contact us at any time. The right to restriction of processing exists in the following cases:
- If you dispute the accuracy of your personal data stored by us, we usually need time to check this. For the duration of the verification, you have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data.
- If the processing of your personal data happened/is happening unlawfully, you can request the restriction of data processing instead of erasure.
- If we no longer need your personal data, but you need it to exercise, defend or enforce legal claims, you have the right to request restriction of the processing of your personal data instead of deletion.
- If you have lodged an objection pursuant to Art. 21 (1) DSGVO, a balancing of your interests and ours must be carried out. As long as it has not yet been determined whose interests prevail, you have the right to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data.
If you have restricted the processing of your personal data, such data may - apart from being stored - only be processed with your consent or for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest of the European Union or a Member State.
§ 9 Order processing
We have concluded a contract on order processing (AVV) with the above-mentioned provider. This is a contract required by data protection law, which ensures that the provider only processes the personal data of our website visitors in accordance with our instructions and in compliance with the GDPR.
§ 10 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights vis-à-vis us with regard to the personal data concerning you:
- right to information,
- right to correction or deletion,
- right to restriction of processing,
- right to object to processing,
- right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing
of your personal data by us.
§11 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
When using the website for information purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure its stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DS-GVO):
- IP address
- date and time of the request
- time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- content of the request (specific page)
- access status/HTTP status code
- amount of data transmitted in each case
- website from which the request came
- operating system and its interface
- language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive in relation to the browser you are using and which provide the party setting the cookie (in this case, us) with certain information. Cookies cannot execute programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They are used to make the website as a whole more user-friendly and effective.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained below:
- Transient cookies (see b)
- Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include, in particular, session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the joint session. This enables your computer to be recognised when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period of time, which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your preferences and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all the functions of this website.
e) We analyse data solely for statistical purposes in order to measure the demand of the web offers. We have no way of assigning this data to a specific person. We do not combine this data with other data sources. The IP numbers are recorded for the duration of the visit for the purpose of answering queries and are not stored beyond the end of the visit. Data logged when accessing the Internet offer will only be transmitted to third parties if we are obliged to do so by law or by court decision or if the transmission is necessary for legal or criminal prosecution in the event of attacks on our Internet infrastructure. The data will not be passed on in any other cases.
§ 12 Cookie Consent with Borlabs Cookie
Our website uses the cookie consent technology of Borlabs Cookie to obtain your consent to the storage of certain cookies in your browser and to document this in a data protection compliant manner. The provider of this technology is Borlabs - Benjamin A. Bornschein, Rübenkamp 32, 22305 Hamburg (hereinafter referred to as Borlabs).
When you enter our website, a Borlabs cookie is stored in your browser, which stores the consents you have given or the revocation of these consents. This data is not shared with the Borlabs cookie provider.
The collected data will be stored until you request us to delete it or until you delete the Borlabs cookie yourself or until the purpose for storing the data no longer applies. Mandatory legal retention periods remain unaffected. Details on the data processing of Borlabs Cookie can be found at https://de.borlabs.io/kb/welche-daten-speichert-borlabs-cookie/.
§ 13 Further functions and offers of our website
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. For this purpose, you usually have to provide further personal data which we use to provide the respective service and to which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
(2) In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are regularly monitored.
(3) Furthermore, we may pass on your personal data to third parties if we offer promotions, competitions, contracts or similar services together with partners. You will receive more detailed information on this when you provide your personal data or below in the description of the offer.
(4) If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the consequences of this in the description of the offer.
§ 14 Our social media presences
Data processing through social networks
We maintain publicly accessible profiles on social networks in order to communicate with the
users active there or to offer information about us
The individual social networks used by us can be found below.
We would like to point out that user data may be processed outside the area of the
European Union. This may result in risks for users
, because, for example, the enforcement of users' rights
could be made more difficult. With regard to US providers that are certified under the Privacy Shield
or offer comparable guarantees of a secure level of data protection,
we point out that they thereby undertake to comply with the data protection standards
of the EU.
Furthermore, the data of users within social networks are usually processed
for market research and advertising purposes. For example, usage profiles can be created based on the usage behaviour and resulting interests of
users. The usage profiles can in turn be used
, for example, to place advertisements within and outside the networks that presumably correspond to the interests of the users. For these
purposes, cookies are usually stored on the users' computers, in which the usage behaviour and the interests of the users are stored. Furthermore
, data may also be stored in the usage profiles regardless of the devices used by the
users (especially if the users are members of the respective platforms and are logged in to them).
For a detailed presentation of the respective forms of processing and the options to object (opt-out)
, please refer to the data protection declarations and information provided by the operators of the
If you visit one of our social media sites (e.g. Facebook), we are jointly responsible with the operator of the social media platform for the data processing operations triggered during this visit. In principle, you can assert your rights (information, correction, deletion, restriction of processing, data portability and complaint) both vis-à-vis us and vis-à-vis the operator of the respective social media portal (e.g. vis-à-vis Facebook).
- Types of data processed: inventory data (e.g. names, addresses), contact data (e.g. e-mail, telephone numbers), content data (e.g. text entries, photographs, videos), usage data (e.g. websites visited, interest in content, access times), meta/communication data (e.g. device information, IP addresses).
- Data subjects: Users (e.g. website visitors, users of online services).
- Legal basis: Legitimate interests (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f. DSGVO).
Services used and service providers:
§ 15 Web analysis
Our website uses functions of the web analysis service Google Analytics of Google Ireland Limited.
This recognition is based on the IP address stored in the cookies. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. The information obtained in this way is used to optimise our offers and to provide you with easier access to our site.
You can prevent this by setting your browser so that no cookies are stored.
You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) by Google and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
Further information on the technology used by Google can be found at www.google.com/analytics.
The data processing is carried out on the basis of the legal provisions of § 96 para 3 TKG as well as Art 6 para 1 lit a (consent) and/or f (legitimate interest) of the DSGVO. Our concern in terms of the DSGVO (legitimate interest) is the improvement of our offer and our website. Since the privacy of our users is important to us, the user data is pseudonymised.
Within our online offer, the so-called "Facebook pixel" of the social network Facebook (Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland) is used due to the interest in analysis and optimisation. The code implemented on this page can evaluate the behaviour of visitors. With the help of the Facebook pixel, it is possible for Facebook to determine the visitors to our offer as a target group for the display of advertisements, so-called "Facebook ads". The collected data is not visible to us, but can only be used in the context of ad placements.
§ 16 Google Maps
This site uses the map service Google Maps. The provider is Google Ireland Limited ("Google"), Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.
To use the functions of Google Maps, it is necessary to save your IP address. This information is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The provider of this site has no influence on this data transmission. If Google Maps is activated, Google may use Google Web Fonts for the purpose of uniform display of fonts. When you call up Google Maps, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache in order to display texts and fonts correctly.
The use of Google Maps is in the interest of an appealing presentation of our online offers and an easy location of the places indicated by us on the website. This constitutes a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 (1) lit. f DSGVO. Insofar as a corresponding consent has been requested, the processing is carried out exclusively on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO; the consent can be revoked at any time.
Data transfer to the USA is based on the standard contractual clauses of the EU Commission. Details can be found here: https://privacy.google.com/businesses/gdprcontrollerterms/ and https://privacy.google.com/businesses/gdprcontrollerterms/sccs/.